Cal cruises into Pac-10 semis with 90-74 victory
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Jerome Randle scored 22 points without missing a shot in the first half, and top-seeded California easily advanced to the Pac-10 tournament semifinals with a 90-74 victory over Oregon on Thursday.
Patrick Christopher had 21 points and five assists for the Golden Bears (22-9), who followed up their first outright conference title in a half-century by sending home the weary Ducks (16-16) in what could be coach Ernie Kent’s final game.
Randle went 8 for 8 with four 3-pointers in the first half, staking Cal to a 15-point lead. Jamal Boykin then scored all 15 of his points in the second half to finish the eighth-seeded Ducks, who were taken to overtime by Washington State in their first-round game Wednesday night.
Cal will face UCLA on Friday.
- Cal cruises into Pac-10 semis with 90-74 victory
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school