Keeler leads Cal Poly-SLO past UC Irvine 73-69
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Lorenzo Keeler had 27 points, six assists and five rebounds as Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo rallied for a 73-69 victory over UC Irvine in the first round of the Big West Conference tournament Wednesday night.
Keeler also made 16 of 18 free throws for the sixth-seeded Mustangs (12-18), who will play third-seeded Long Beach State in the quarterfinals Thursday.
Darren Moore scored 19 points and Eric Wise added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the seventh-seeded Anteaters (14-18).
The loss might be the last game for Irvine coach Pat Douglass, whose contract expires after this season. Douglass compiled a 197-191 record in 13 seasons at the school.
- Keeler leads Cal Poly-SLO past UC Irvine 73-69
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU