Nicholls State beats Texas-Arlington 73-64
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Anatoly Bose scored 26 points to lead Nicholls State to a 73-64 victory over Texas-Arlington Wednesday night.
The Colonels (10-18, 6-9) have won three of their last four to keep their hopes alive for the final spot in the Southland Conference tournament next week.
Nicholls State scored the first eight points and never trailed in the game. Bose scored 17 in the first half and the Colonels led 39-20 at the break.
The Mavericks (16-12, 8-7) had won nine of their last 10, but committed 22 turnovers in this one, leading to 27 Nicholls State points.
Marquez Haynes, the nation’s third-leading scorer, led Texas-Arlington with 25 points. The Mavericks got within three points in the final 30 seconds, but Dominic Friend made four free throws for the Colonels to put the game out of reach. Friend finished with 13 points.
- Nicholls State beats Texas-Arlington 73-64
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent