Johnson’s 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 29 points and Texas State defeated UTSA 83-76 on Wednesday night.
Ryan White added 18 points for the Bobcats (14-15, 8-7 Southland).
Devin Gibson scored 13 to lead the Roadrunners (18-10, 8-7), who had their season-high five-game losing streak snapped.
After a back-and-forth beginning to the second half—six lead changes and five ties—Texas State took the lead for good with an 8-0 run that put it ahead 66-60 with 9:08 to play.
Gibson’s layup cut the lead to four, but White then scored five unanswered points for the Bobcats. UTSA didn’t get closer than six the rest of the way.
Texas State led for much of the first half and was up 17-7 4 1/2 minutes into the game. The Roadrunners, though, stayed close, and Demarco Stepter’s free throw for UTSA sent the game into halftime tied 39-all.
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat