Drca helps Utah pull away from Wyoming 74-64
SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Luka Drca scored 10 of his 17 points in the final six minutes to help Utah pull away from Wyoming for a 74-64 victory Saturday.
Drca scored the Utes’ last field goal, a 3-pointer with 3:58 remaining, to give them a 64-56 lead. The Utes (14-14, 7-7 Mountain West Conference) then converted 10-of-12 free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Desmar Jackson scored a career-high 31 points for the Cowboys (9-19, 2-12), who lost their eighth straight and for the 11th time in 12 games. Wyoming’s only win during that stretch was at home against Utah.
Carlon Brown scored 16 points, and Shawn Glover added 10 points as the Utes won consecutive games for the first time since early January.
Utah outrebounded Wyoming 37-26, and the Cowboys finished 1 of 13 from 3-point range.
- Drca helps Utah pull away from Wyoming 74-64
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU