Toledo ends 19-loss streak, beats Ball State 45-42
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Justin Anyijong scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Toledo snapped a school-record 19-game losing streak by beating Ball State 45-42 on Saturday night.
The Rockets (4-26, 1-14 Mid-American Conference) led 30-15 at halftime, outshooting the Cardinals 48 percent (12-for-25) to 15.8 percent (3-for-19) in the first 20 minutes.
Toledo’s shooting turned cold in the second half, dropping to 26.3 percent (5-for-19), but Ball State didn’t improve enough, making 34.6 percent (9-for-26). The final margin was as close as the Cardinals (15-13, 8-7) got since the game’s first 8 minutes.
Ball State’s loss dropped it into a three-way tie with Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan atop the MAC North Division with one game left in the regular season.
Randy Davis had 14 points and eight rebounds and Jarrod Jones had 13 points and 11 rebounds for Ball State.
- Toledo ends 19-loss streak, beats Ball State 45-42
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat