Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Illinois-Chicago 78-74
CHICAGO (AP)—Anthony Hill had 20 points and nine rebounds and James Eayrs scored 19 as Wisconsin-Milwaukee defeated Illinois-Chicago 78-74 on Saturday in the Horizon League regular-season finale for both teams.
Ricky Franklin scored 16 and Lonnie Boga 10 for Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which never trailed in the game and led 41-27 at halftime.
The Panthers (17-13, 10-8) could finish as high as third place in the Horizon and are assured of a home game in the league’s postseason tournament that begins Tuesday.
Jeremy Buttell and Robo Kreps had 16 points apiece for Illinois-Chicago (8-21, 3-15). Zavion Neely added 15 points and Spencer Stewart had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Flames, who had won their previous two games. The Flames finished ninth in the 10-team Horizon League.
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Illinois-Chicago 78-74
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat