Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71
LITTLE Rock, Ark. (AP)—Solomon Bozeman scored 17 points and Arkansas-Little Rock defeated New Orleans, 77-71, in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday night.
Bozeman hit on just 3 of 9 from the field but was 11 of 15 from the free-throw line and had seven assists. Courtney Jackson had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Trojans (8-21, 4-14).
Johann Mpondo led the Privateers (8-21, 3-14) with 15 points and seven rebounds. Carl Blair made 8 of 9 from the line and finished with 14 points.
The Trojans hit on 11 of 28 (39.3 percent) from 3-point range while the Privateers hit just 3 of 10 (30.0 percent).
Leading by eight at the half, 34-26, the Trojans were able to extend their lead to as many as 18, 59-41, with 7:28 left to play. The Privateers would get as close as down four, with just two-seconds left to play.
The win means the Trojans finish 12th place in the Sun Belt, and the Privateers finish 13th.
- Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat