Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Mario Edwards scored 13 points and Coastal Carolina cruised past Liberty 71-48 on Thursday night, winning the Big South regular season crown and clinching the No. 1 seed for the conference tournament.
The Chanticleers (25-5, 14-3), off to their best start after 30 games, broke the school record for wins in a season and Big South wins. The 1990-91 team, the last to win the regular season title, had 13 conference victories.
Kierre Greenwood and Chad Gray chipped in 12 points each for Coastal Carolina and Joseph Harris had 11 points.
The Chanticleers never trailed and led 34-15 at halftime. The Flames (14-15, 9-8) pulled within 14 points on two occasions, the last at 48-34 with 10:10 left, but Coastal Carolina used a 10-2 run to pull away.
Kyle Ohman scored 13 points to lead Liberty, which held a 44-41 rebounding advantage, but had 18 turnovers to the Chanticleers’ eight.
- Coastal Carolina cruises past Liberty 71-48
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat