Towson knocks off William & Mary 83-77
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—Troy Franklin scored 27 points to lead Towson to an 83-77 victory over William & Mary on Wednesday night.
Franklin went 10-for-10 from the free throw line and had seven assists as the Tigers, who shot 57.7 percent from the field (15 of 26) in the second half, won for the first time in three games.
Towson (8-20, 5-12 Colonial Athletic Association) went on a 10-2 run late in the second half to take a 72-64 lead on RaShawn Polk’s 3-pointer with 3:13 remaining.
David Schneider’s 3-pointer cut the deficit to 76-73 with 1:08 remaining, but Franklin scored six consecutive points for an 82-73 lead with 27 seconds left.
Robert Nwankwo scored 16, Josh Thornton had 14 and Polk added 12 for Towson.
Schneider scored 22 points, going 6-for-17 from the 3-point line, Danny Sumner added 16, Marcus Kitts had 12 and Quinn McDowell 11 for the Tribe (19-9, 11-6).
- Towson knocks off William & Mary 83-77
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent