Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Eddie Williams scored 20 points and Jereal Scott added 17 to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 77-70 victory against Texas State on Wednesday night.
The Lumberjacks (19-7, 9-4 Southland), who remained in first place in the East Division, had three other players score in double figures: Walt Harris with 14 points, Orren Tims with 11 and Denzel Barnes with 10.
Cameron Johnson had 18 points and 12 rebounds for Texas State (12-15, 6-7), which has lost five of its last seven games. Uriel Segura added 16 points.
Stephen F. Austin led 64-62 before Tims had a three-point play with 4:04 remaining. That sparked a run, led by a dunk and three free throws by Scott, that gave the Lumberjacks an eight-point cushion with 1:09 to play.
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU