Burnatowski’s 20 leads Maine past Albany 66-53
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Murphy Burnatowski scored a career-high 20 points and Maine defeated Albany 66-53 on Wednesday night, winning its fifth out of the last six.
The Black Bears (19-9, 11-4 America East Conference) shot 37.2 percent in the first half (13 of 35) and trailed 14-5 early.
Albany, however, shot 26.7 percent in the second half (8 of 30) and was outscored 31-22.
The Black Bears opened the second half on a 14-5 run, with Burnatowski and Gerald McLemore scoring five points each. Junior Bernal’s layup capped the spurt for a 49-36 lead with 13:02 left.
Maine then went on a 13-6 run over the next 7 minutes and led 62-42 on Gerald McLemore’s 3 with 6:03 remaining to seal the win.
McLemore finished with 13 points and Bernal 10 for the Black Bears.
Logan Aronhalt led the Great Danes (7-23, 2-13) with 15 points and Fran Urli added 11.
- Burnatowski's 20 leads Maine past Albany 66-53
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat