UNC-Wilmington holds off Drexel 75-69
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Johnny Wolf scored 16 points and North Carolina-Wilmington committed a season-low eight turnovers as the Seahawks held off Drexel 75-69 on Wednesday night.
The Seahawks (9-20, 5-12 Colonial Athletic Association), who had lost seven of their previous eight games, won despite dressing just 10 players and playing without their top two scorers: John Fields (dislocated left knee) and Chad Tomko (ankle sprain).
Trevor Deloach, making his first career start for UNC-Wilmington, had a career-high 15 points and Ahmad Grant added 13.
The Seahawks turned the ball over just once en route to a 35-29 halftime lead.
The Dragons (15-15, 10-7), who lost their third straight, pulled within 69-67 with 1:59 left, but UNC-Wilmington then made 6 of 8 free throws in the final 1:40 to finish 18-for-22 from the line.
Chris Fouch led Drexel with 15 points and Jamie Harris had 14.
- UNC-Wilmington holds off Drexel 75-69
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat