Northern Colorado cruises to 88-67 victory
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures scored 22 points and Northern Colorado had little trouble defeating Johnson & Wales, Colo., 88-67 on Tuesday night.
Connor Osborne added 11 points and seven rebounds for the Bears (23-6), who won their third straight.
Northern Colorado is one victory from matching the school record for most wins in a season. The Bears went 24-6 in 1988-89.
Ethan Fisher led Johnson & Wales (15-13), an NAIA Division II school, with 19 points. Andrew Baker had 14 points for the Wildcats.
The game was a tuneup for Northern Colorado’s regular season finale Saturday at Sacramento State. A win would ensure the Bears the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Big Sky tournament.
- Northern Colorado cruises to 88-67 victory
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent