Fresno State defeats Cal State Bakersfield 79-68
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Greg Smith and Mike Ladd scored 17 points apiece as Fresno State defeated Cal State Bakersfield 79-68 on Tuesday night in a nonconference game.
Paul George added 16 points, seven assists and six rebounds for Fresno State (14-15), which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Stephon Carter had 13 points for Cal State Bakersfield (7-20). Donavan Bragg and Jose Lara added 11 apiece for the Roadrunners. Lara’s total was a career high.
Fresno State shot 49.1 percent from the field, including 42.1 percent (8-for-19) from beyond the arc. Cal State Bakersfield shot 36.9 percent.
- Fresno State defeats Cal State Bakersfield 79-68
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU