Northern Arizona prevails 86-85 in double overtime
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP)—DeAngelo Jones scored with 11.3 seconds left in the second overtime to lift Northern Arizona to an 86-85 win over Portland State on Thursday night.
Chris Harriel hit a shot with 33.8 seconds left to give the Vikings (10-16, 5-8 Big Sky) a one-point lead before Jones converted his game-winning layup.
Cameron Jones scored 26 points to lead the Lumberjacks (12-13, 6-8), who ended a four-game losing streak. Gabe Rogers added 20 points.
Dominic Waters led Portland State, which lost its fourth in a row, with 29 points.
The Lumberjacks have gone to overtime in three of their past four games.
- Northern Arizona prevails 86-85 in double overtime
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU