Kenney, Valparaiso top Loyola of Chicago 84-73
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—Matt Kenney scored 27 points Wednesday night to lead Valparaiso past Loyola of Chicago 84-73.
Kenney made nine of his 13 shots and Valparaiso (15-14, 10-7) shot 50 percent in both halves to win the Horizon League game.
Howard Little scored 15 points for the Crusaders. Cory Johnson added 11 and Brandon Wood and Ryan Broekhoff had 10 apiece.
Andy Polka had 19 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Ramblers (14-12, 5-11). Geoff McCammon scored 18 points and Terrance Hill made four 3-pointers and finished with 15 points. Loyola made 45 percent of its shots overall.
Loyola led by six early in the first half, but Valparaiso led 40-34 at intermission and opened up a 20-point lead seven minutes into the second half.
- Kenney, Valparaiso top Loyola of Chicago 84-73
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat