American U. knocks off Army 57-54
WASHINGTON (AP)—Vlad Moldoveanu scored 18 points and hit a late 3-pointer to put American University up for good in a 57-54 victory over Army on Wednesday night.
Joe Hill tied a career high with 12 points for the Eagles (8-18, 5-6 Patriot League), who snapped a three-game skid despite surrendering a 17-point lead.
Tyrell Thompson scored 13 points in the Knights’ sixth loss in seven games and Jeremy Hence added 1l. Cleveland Richard also scored 11 points for Army (13-12, 3-8), but his game-tying 3-point attempt at the buzzer hit the rim.
Hence hit an inside leaner that tied it at 48-all for Army, but Moldoveanu answered with a long 3 to make it 51-48.
Nick Hendra’s foul shots pushed the lead to five, but Thompson hit three free throws, and Army’s Nathan Hedgecock answered Stephen Lumpkins’ layup with a 3 to close it to 55-54.
- American U. knocks off Army 57-54
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent