South Alabama beats Louisiana-Lafayette 67-65
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Martino Brock dropped in the go-ahead layup with 23 seconds left and sank a free throw with 9 seconds left on the clock, leading South Alabama to a 67-65 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
With the game tied at 58-58 with 4:18 remaining, South Alabama made only one field goal the rest of the way, but it proved to be Brock’s game-winner.
Tyren Johnson’s layup with 1:49 left put Louisiana-Lafayette up 65-62, but Tim Williams sank both of his free throws for South Alabama and Brock put in his go-ahead basket after Gary Redus missed a 3. Randell Daigle missed a jumper for Louisiana-Lafayette, setting up Brock’s final free throw.
Williams led the way for the Jaguars (15-12, 7-8 Sun Belt Conference) with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Brock finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
Johnson paced the Ragin’ Cajuns (11-14, 8-6) with 30 points.
- South Alabama beats Louisiana-Lafayette 67-65
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent