Jackson St. 51, Prairie View 44
PRARIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Garrison Johnson scored 20 points and Jackson State won its seventh straight game with a 51-44 come-from-behind victory Saturday over Prarie View A&M.
The Tigers (13-11, 11-1 Southwestern) trailed 38-31 with 11:02 remaining before going on a 13-0 run over the next 5 minutes to go on top 44-38. Johnson and Tyrone Hanson—who finished with 12 points—each had five points during the run.
Darnell Hugee led Prarie View A&M (12-10, 7-4) with 13 points but missed two one-and-one free-throw attempts during Jackson’s State’s second-half run and finished 5 for 12 from the free-throw line. The Panthers had their problems shooting, hitting only 30.6 percent from the field (15 for 49) and 10 percent (2 for 20) on 3-point attempts.
Jackson State won despite committing 17 turnovers and going 9 for 22 from the free-throw line.
- Jackson St. 51, Prairie View 44
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent