Lafayette defeats Navy 83-77
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Jared Mintz scored 23 points to lead Lafayette to an 83-77 victory over Navy on Saturday.
Mintz added nine rebounds for the Leopards (15-10, 6-4 Patriot League), who snapped a three-game losing streak with the win. Jeff Kari chipped in with 19 points on 5 of 8 shooting.
A layup from Navy’s O.J. Avworo cut Lafayette’s lead to 79-77 with 30 seconds remaining in the game. Kari was fouled 5 seconds later, and nailed both free throws to push Lafayette’s lead back to four.
Navy’s Romeo Garcia missed a 3-pointer on the other end and Darion Benbow secured the rebound for Lafayette with 13 seconds left. Benbow was fouled and made both free throws for the final score.
Chris Harris finished with 25 points and four steals to lead Navy (12-13, 6-4). Jordan Sugars added 21 points and eight rebounds.
- Lafayette defeats Navy 83-77
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU