Eayrs sparks UWM to 71-60 win over Detroit
DETROIT (AP)—James Eayrs hit five 3-pointers and the Wisconsin-Milwaukee bench accounted for 31 points Saturday in a 71-60 victory over Detroit.
Eayrs hit two of his 3-pointers during a 10-1 run that put the Panthers (14-12, 6-8 Horizon) on top 59-47 with 8 minutes remaining. Detroit (15-12, 7-8) never got closer than five the rest of the way.
Eayrs’ 3-pointers accounted for all of his 15 points. Ricky Franklin led UWM with 16 points. Tony Meier added 12 off the bench and fellow reserve Jason Averkamp had eight points and 11 rebounds. The Panthers’ bench outscored its Detroit counterparts 31-9.
Eli Holman had 13 points and 18 rebounds for Detroit, which led 13-5 in the early going before falling behind 32-31 at halftime. Thomas Kennedy added 13 points and Chase Simon 11 for the Titans. Woody Payne had nine points and 11 assists.
- Eayrs sparks UWM to 71-60 win over Detroit
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat