Stetson beats North Florida 71-60
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—A.J. Smith scored 19 points and Stetson defeated North Florida 71-60 on Thursday night.
The Hatters (6-18, 4-12) snapped a six-game losing streak and stayed alive in the hunt for a berth in the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament. Only eight of the conference’s nine eligible teams qualify for the postseason.
Ridge Graham added 13 points and nine rebounds, and Joel Naburgs had 11 points for the Hatters.
The Hatters, who outrebounded North Florida 38-28, had 13 second-chance points.
Stetson led by 15 points with 1:03 to play in the first half and was ahead 36-26 at halftime. The Ospreys could not catch up in the second half, partly due to shooting only 38.6 percent from the field (22 of 57).
Matt Sauey led the Ospreys (11-14, 6-9) with 18 points, while Germaine Sparkes and Brad Haugabrook each scored 10.
- Stetson beats North Florida 71-60
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat