North Texas routs New Orleans 68-46
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Josh White scored 18 points and North Texas routed New Orleans 68-46 on Thursday night.
The Mean Green (16-8, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference) bolted to a 17-3 lead less than six minutes into the game and led 39-21 at halftime. Leading 47-34 with 11:51 remaining in the game, North Texas went on a 21-9 run to grab its biggest lead at 68-43 with 1:47 to play. A 3-pointer by Antwone Matlock capped the run for the Mean Green.
North Texas held a 46-34 rebounding edge, as George Odufuwa led the way with 13 boards.
The Mean Green also outshot the Privateers (7-18, 2-12), who will be making the transition to Division III next season. North Texas made 40.4 percent of its field goal attempts (19 of 47) while the Privateers made only 23 percent (14 for 61).
Carl Blair had 11 points, and Destin Damachoua and Devin McDonald each scored 10 for the Privateers, who have lost seven in a row.
- Lute Olson's resignation officially official
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent