Harris’ 29 leads UMass past Duquesne 84-80, OT
PITTSBURGH (AP)—Ricky Harris had 22 of his 29 points after halftime and Massachusetts overcame a 16-point second-half deficit to snap a three-game losing streak with a 84-80 overtime win over Duquesne Thursday night.
Harris, who was averaging 26.6 points over his past five games, missed eight of his first 10 shots but hit a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer then went on to shoot 7-for-11 in the second half.
The Minutemen (9-15, 3-7 Atlantic 10) had lost eight of its previous nine and 10 of 12 coming in.
The Dukes (12-12, 3-7) scored the game’s first nine points and built an 18-6 lead. They led by as many as 16 on three occasions, but the Minutemen began a 26-8 run when trailing 50-34 to take their first lead.
B.J. Monteiro had 18 points and Damian Saunders 15 to lead Duquesne. Saunders became the 33rd player in school history to surpass 1,000 career points. He now has 1,001.
- Harris' 29 leads UMass past Duquesne 84-80, OT
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat