Arizona State slogs past Oregon State 56-46
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP)—Derek Glasser scored 16 points and Jerren Shipp had 11 as Arizona State defeated Oregon State 56-46 on Thursday night to keep pace in the tightly contested Pac-10 race.
Ty Abbott had nine points and nine rebounds for the Sun Devils (17-8, 7-5 Pac-10), who rebounded from a 23-point loss at Washington last weekend. ASU entered in a five-way tie for second place, one game behind California.
ASU took control with a 12-0 run late in the first half, with Abbott hitting a pair of 3-pointers.
Calvin Haynes scored 15 points on 5-of-22 shooting for Oregon State (10-13, 4-7), which has dropped eight of 10 road games.
- Arizona State slogs past Oregon State 56-46
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent