Houston Baptist 66, Utah Valley St. 72
OREM, Utah (AP)—Jordan Swarbrick scored 21 points and Utah Valley defeated Houston Baptist 72-66 Saturday night.
Jourdain Scoubes added 14 points and Aaron England 13 for the Wolverines (11-12, 4-3 Great West).
Miles Dixon led the Huskies (5-17, 4-2) with 23 points while Wendell Preadom added 15 and eight rebounds.
Houston Baptist built a nine-point lead early in the first half before Utah Valley rallied to take 30-29 halftime lead. The Wolverines later pushed their lead to nine before holding on to win their second straight.
The Huskies shot just 37.1 percent.
- Houston Baptist 66, Utah Valley St. 72
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU