Texas State holds off McNeese State 95-88
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 29 points and Tony Bishop added 11 points and 11 rebounds as Texas State held off McNeese State 95-88 in a back-and-forth game Saturday.
J.B. Conley added 17 points for the Bobcats (11-12, 5-4 Southland), who were outscored 46-30 in the paint but overcame it by hitting 35-of-47 free throws.
Stephan Martin led the Cowboys (8-14, 3-5) with 24 points while Will Morning finished with 20 points and nine rebounds, both career highs. Diego Kapelan added 17 points.
The game featured 17 ties and 16 lead changes and neither team led by more than eight.
Trailing 77-74 with 5:59 to play, Texas State took the lead for good with a 9-2 run. McNeese State got as close as two only once the rest of the way.
- Texas State holds off McNeese State 95-88
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1