Morehead State defeats Tennessee Tech 84-75
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Kenneth Faried had 26 points and 17 rebounds for his 18th double-double of the season and ninth straight while leading Morehead State to an 84-75 win over Tennessee Tech on Saturday night.
The Eagles (17-7, 11-2 Ohio Valley Conference) swept the season series to win their second game in a row and 13th of their last 14.
Morehead State used a 12-0 run to rally from a 23-18 first-half deficit and led 34-32 at halftime.
The second half was tied five times, the last at 45, then the Eagles went on a 13-5 run.
Tennessee Tech (12-12, 6-7) got within 73-70 with 3:12 left, but had three players foul out in the last 3:28 as Morehead State pulled away.
Steve Peterson added 20 points and Demonte Harper had 17 for the Eagles, who shot 51.9 percent from the field (27-for-52).
Jud Dillard led Tennessee Tech with 25 points and 12 rebounds and Frank Davis scored 21.
- Babbitt leads Nevada to 88-82 win over Boise State
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent