Louisiana Tech edges San Jose State 71-64
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Magnum Rolle scored 21 points to lead Louisiana Tech to a 71-64 victory over San Jose State on Thursday night.
Rolle hit consecutive baskets to give the Bulldogs (19-4, 7-2 Western Athletic Conference) a 46-32 lead with 14:20 to play and they never trailed again to win for the second time in three games.
San Jose State (12-10, 5-5) had a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 50-47 on C.J. Webster’s layup with 9:26 remaining, but Jamel Guyton hit a 3-pointer and a free throw, and Kyle Gibson hit two free throws for a 56-47 advantage with 8:34 to play.
San Jose State’s Adrian Oliver, the WAC’s leading scorer at 22.5 points entering the game, had 22 points, and Gibson, the league’s second-leading scorer (21.6) had 18 points.
Olu Ashaolu added nine points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs, who shot 14-for-28 from the field in the second half.
Justin Graham scored 15 for San Jose State.
- Louisiana Tech edges San Jose State 71-64
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent