3-pointer at buzzer gives Little Rock 79-77 win
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Alex Garcia-Mendoza hit a long 3-pointer at the buzzer Thursday to give Arkansas-Little Rock a 79-77 victory over Arkansas State.
The Trojans (7-15, 3-8 Sun Belt), who trailed almost the entire second half, were down 77-76 after JeJuan Brown hit one of two free throws with :03 remaining to give Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3) the lead.
Solomon Bozeman led Little Rock with 20 points and seven assists. Garcia-Mendoza added 14 points, Matt Mouzy 12 and Kelson Stewart 10.
Brandon Reed and Martavius Adams each scored 17 points for Arkansas State (13-9, 8-3), which had won six of its last seven games and was in first place in the Sun Belt Conference. Rashad Allison added 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Red Wolves.
Little Rock was outrebounded 44-31 but made up for it by hitting 10 of 19 3-point attempts compared to 6 of 21 for the Red Wolves.
- 3-pointer at buzzer gives Little Rock 79-77 win
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent