Wright St beats Loyola 66-48
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Vaughn Duggins scored a season-high 21 points and Cory Cooperwood notched a double-double, leading Wright State in a 66-48 win over Loyola (Chicago) on Saturday.
Cooperwood matched a career-high with 19 points and grabbed 12 boards for the Raiders (14-8, 7-4 Horizon League), who have put together their fourth three-game winning streak of the season.
The Raiders led by five points at halftime but the Ramblers fought back in the second. Loyola grabbed a one-point lead at 45-44 with 7:41 to play, but the Raiders outscored Loyola 22-3 the rest of the way.
Cooperwood scored five points in just over a minute to spark the run for Wright State, which also got three consecutive 3s from Duggins, Cooperwood and Evans during the spree.
Marcus Thomas paced Loyola (12-9, 3-8) with 13 points off the bench, including four 3-pointers.
- Wright St beats Loyola 66-48
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU