Western Kentucky routs New Orleans 76-56
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP)—Steffphon Pettigrew and A.J. Slaughter each scored 18 points to lead Western Kentucky to a 76-56 rout over New Orleans on Saturday.
The Hilltoppers (12-10, 5-5 Sun Belt Conference) snapped a five-game losing streak. The Privateers (7-15, 2-9), who finished with 25 turnovers, lost their fourth straight.
Western Kentucky shot 48.3 percent from the field (29-for-60), while New Orleans shot 44.4 percent (20-for-45). Both teams shot over 60 percent in the first half.
Freshmen Caden Dickerson scored 14 points and Jamaal Crook had 11 points. Jeremy Evans finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds as all Western starters scored in double figures.
Charles Carmouche was the only Privateer with more than six points, scoring a game-high 23 points. Carmouche went 8 of 14 from the floor, while the rest of the team went 12-for-31.
- Western Kentucky routs New Orleans 76-56
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat