Northeastern tops Old Dominion 74-64
BOSTON (AP)—Chaisson Allen scored 19 points to pace Northeastern in a 74-64 win over Old Dominion on Saturday.
Matt Janning added 17 points and seven assists for the Huskies (14-8, 9-2 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won 12 of their last 13 games.
Northeastern used an 8-0 run in the first half to jump out to a 33-21 lead with 4:53 left in the half. Nkem Ojougboh nailed a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer to give the Huskies a 42-27 lead going into the break.
Northeastern maintained its lead for the entire second half, and the Monarchs got no closer than within six points.
Gerald Lee led Old Dominion (17-6, 9-2) with 16 points, while Keyon Carter and Frank Hassell scored 13 each. The loss snapped an eight-game win streak for the Monarchs.
The Huskies were outrebounded 34-21, but shot 59.5 percent from the field (25-for-42).
- Northeastern tops Old Dominion 74-64
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU