Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Grambling 92-69
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Savalace Townsend had 19 points, and four other Arkansas-Pine Bluff players scored in double figures in a 92-69 victory against Grambling on Saturday night.
Terrance Calvin had 16 points, Lebaron Weathers and Tavaris Washington 12 each and Tyree Glass 10 for the Golden Lions (6-12, 6-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Calvin added eight rebounds and 10 assists.
Donald Qualls had 20 points and George Akpele and Lance Fuertado 14 apiece for Grambling (4-12, 2-6), which trailed 27-9 nine minutes into the game.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff, which played its first 14 games of the season on the road, has won four of its last five, including all three contests at home.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Grambling 92-69
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU