Indiana State beats Southern Illinois 68-65
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Harry Marshall scored 13 points and tied his season-high of seven rebounds to lead Indiana State to a 68-65 win over Southern Illinois on Thursday night.
Marshall also went 7-for-8 from the free throw line as the Sycamores (12-9, 4-6 Missouri Valley) snapped a four-game slide.
The Sycamores went into the second half leading 32-26 and never lost the advantage. Rashad Reed helped out with 12 points and Carl Richard with 11.
The Salukis (12-8, 4-6) came within a point, 65-66, with 3.5 seconds left on a layup by Justin Bocot, who finished with 15 points.
But Indiana State’s Aaron Carter was fouled on the next play and made a pair of shots from the free-throw line to hang on to the win.
Southern Illinois’ Kevin Dillard led the game in scoring with 16 points. Gene Teague added 11 points and pulled down 13 rebounds, while Anthony Booker scored 10.
- Indiana State beats Southern Illinois 68-65
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat