Drexel beats Northeastern 61-48
BOSTON (AP)—Chris Fouch and Jamie Harris scored 13 points apiece as Drexel beat Northeastern 61-48 on Wednesday night, sweeping the season series between the teams.
It was the second straight year the Dragons defeated the Huskies on the road when Northeastern was atop the Colonial Athletic Association standings. The Dragons also beat them 49-47 on Dec. 5 this season.
Samme Givens grabbed 10 boards for the Dragons (12-10, 7-3). It was the fifth time in the last six games he has had at least 10 rebounds. Leon Spencer came off the bench to score nine points, grab nine rebounds and block two shots.
The Dragons outrebounded the Huskies 46-30.
Nkem Ojougboh led Northeastern (13-8, 8-2) with 14 points and five blocks. Chaisson Allen also added 13 points and Matt Janning had 10 points for the Huskies, who had their 11-game winning streak snapped.
- Drexel beats Northeastern 61-48
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat