Western Carolina tops College of Charleston 100-90
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Richie Gordon scored 19 points to lead four other players in double figures as Western Carolina defeated College of Charleston 100-90 on Monday night.
Jake Robinson added 16 points for the Catamounts (16-4, 6-2 Southern Conference), who have won four of their last five games. Mike Williams scored 14, Keaton Cole had 11 and Brigham Waginger added 10.
Western Carolina shot 59.4 percent from the field (38-for-64) and outrebounded the Cougars 30-20. The game was the first meeting between the two teams since the Cougars defeated the Catamounts 67-48 in the quarterfinals of the 2009 Southern Conference Tournament.
Andrew Goudelock finished with 24 points and 11 assists for College of Charleston (13-7, 8-1), who had a seven-game win streak snapped. Tony White Jr. added 23 points.
- Western Carolina tops College of Charleston 100-90
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU