Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins 6th straight, 66-51
EDINBURG, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer and Justin Reynolds each scored 15 points and Demond Watt added a double-double as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi defeated Texas-Pan American 66-51 Monday night.
Palmer reached double figures for the 41st straight game, tying the school record, and Watt finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds for and the Islanders (11-8), who ran their winning streak to six.
Matt Mierzycki led the Broncs (3-18) with 14 points.
Corpus Christi opened the second half on a 14-5 run to build their largest lead, 46-23. A 3-pointer by ChaRunn Jones cut Pan American’s deficit to 58-46 with less than four minutes to play, but the Broncs never got any closer.
The Islanders ended the first half on a 19-4 run for a 32-18 halftime lead.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins 6th straight, 66-51
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat