Haynes leads Texas-Arlington to 84-73 victory
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Marquez Haynes scored 32 points and added a career-high nine assists to lead Texas-Arlington to an 84-73 victory over Houston Baptist on Monday night.
Haynes scored nine consecutive points in the final 1:37 to help seal the victory for the Mavericks (9-9). He now has six 30-point games this season, which ties the school record held by Sam Norton (1983-84).
Andrew Gonzalez led the Huskies (3-15) with 25 points while Mario Flaherty added 17 points and 14 rebounds.
Brandon Long added 25 points off the bench for Arlington.
The Mavericks, who beat the Huskies for the second time this season, finished with a season-high 17 steals and scored 37 points off 29 Houston Baptist turnovers.
- Haynes leads Texas-Arlington to 84-73 victory
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU