Binghamton knocks off Vermont 73-67
VESTAL, N.Y. (AP)—Greer Wright scored 30 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Binghamton to a 73-67 victory over Vermont on Sunday.
Wright was 10-for-15 from the field and the Bearcats (8-13, 3-3 America East Conference) were 10-for-12 from the line in the final 1:33 to defeat Vermont (14-7, 5-2) for the third straight time.
Mahamoud Jabbi added 14 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for Binghamton. He was 4-for-4 from the line in the final 1:06 and had two blocks in the last 5 seconds.
The Bearcats were 19-for-25 from the line in the second half after going 5-for-10 in the first half.
Binghamton took a 28-20 halftime lead as Vermont shot 26.1 percent from the field (6-for-23) in the first half.
Moussa Camara added 14 points for Binghamton.
Maurice Joseph scored 29 points, Marqus Blakely had 14 points and 12 rebounds, and Joey Accaoui added 11 for Vermont.
- Binghamton knocks off Vermont 73-67
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent