Stephen F. Austin beats SE Louisiana 62-51
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Walt Harris scored 18 points and Jereal Scott added 12 to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 62-51 victory against Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday night.
Jordan Glynn had six points and 12 rebounds for the Lumberjacks (13-5, 3-2 Southland).
Patrick Sullivan had 20 points and Rodney Jones 10 for Southeastern Louisiana (10-8, 2-3).
Stephen F. Austin won the rebounding battle 36-19, had a 28-12 edge in points in the paint and 18-2 advantage in second-chance points.
The Lumberjacks took control as the Lions suffered a 5:41 scoring drought in the second half. Eddie Williams had four of Stephen F. Austin’s eight points during the stretch, which gave it a 56-45 lead with less than six minutes remaining.
- Stephen F. Austin beats SE Louisiana 62-51
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU