Loyola beats Marist 80-64
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Brian Rudolph scored 18 points, leading four Loyola (Md.) players in double figures as the Greyhounds defeated Marist 80-64 on Saturday night.
Robert Olson added 15 points, J’hared Hall had 12 and Jawaan Wright 11 for the Greyhounds (10-10, 3-7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who snapped a two-game skid.
Rudolph scored eight of his points at the free throw line for the Greyhounds, who finished 21-for-26 from the line (80.8 percent). The Red Foxes were just 8-for-15 from the charity stripe (53.3 percent).
Loyola jumped out to a 25-14 lead in the first 6 minutes and never looked back. The Greyhounds led the entire way.
Korey Bauer scored 21 points to pace the Red Foxes (1-19, 1-9), who have lost eight games in a row.
The Greyhounds outrebounded the Red Foxes 40-29 and outscored them 30-22 in the paint.
- Loyola beats Marist 80-64
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU