ETSU beats Lipscomb 71-69
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Sophomore Jarvis Jones hit a 3-pointer from the right corner with .4 seconds left, giving East Tennessee State a 71-69 victory over Lipscomb on Thursday night.
Jones came off the bench and scored 17 points, including his game-winner. Trailing 69-68 with 3.4 seconds left and inbounding under the Buccaneers’ own basket, Jones dished the ball in to Isiah Brown, who tossed the ball back to Jones for the 3-pointer.
Micah Williams scored 18 points to lead the Buccaneers (10-9, 6-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), who moved into a first-place tie in the A-Sun.
Josh Slater and Michael Teller scored 16 points apiece to lead the Bisons (9-9, 6-3).
The Buccaneers held the conference’s leading scorer, Adnan Hodzic, to two points in the first half and a total of 13 for the game. Hodzic entered the game averaging 21.5 points for Lipscomb.
- ETSU beats Lipscomb 71-69
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU