Fields helps Stanford beat Oregon State 59-35
STANFORD, Calif. (AP)—Landry Fields had 17 points and nine rebounds as Stanford beat Oregon State 59-35 on Thursday.
Jeremy Green added 13 points for the Cardinal (9-9, 3-3 Pac-10), who won for the seventh time in their last eight home games.
Seth Tarver scored 10 points to lead the Beavers (8-10, 2-4), who were held to their lowest scoring output of the season and have now lost five of their last seven games.
Jared Cunningham hit a 3-pointer with 2:22 remaining to play to end a nearly nine-minute scoreless stretch for the Beavers.
The Cardinal outscored Oregon State 22-8 in the first 13 minutes of the second half to open a 50-30 advantage. The Beavers committed nine turnovers, shot 33 percent from the field, and were outrebounded 14-5 during that span.
Stanford led at halftime, 28-22.
- Ex-Washington center Todd MacCulloch is now a pinball star
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat