Arkansas State beats Florida International 76-61
MIAMI (AP)—Brandon Reed scored 25 points to lead Arkansas State past Florida International 76-61 on Thursday night.
The Red Wolves (11-7, 6-1 Sun Belt Conference) used a 17-5 run to break the game open 5:42 into the second half.
Reed scored eight points during the spurt and Trey Finn’s 3-pointer capped the run for a 50-36 Arkansas State lead with 14:18 remaining.
Florida International (6-16, 3-6) pulled within 54-47 on Stephon Weaver’s field goal with 11:03 left, but didn’t get any closer.
Marvin Roberts and Phil Gary scored 13 points each to lead Florida International.
The Golden Panthers coach Isiah Thomas returned Thursday following a two-game absence. Thomas left the team after the death of his mother, Mary Thomas, on Jan. 13. The Golden Panthers were 1-1 without Thomas.
- Arkansas State beats Florida International 76-61
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat