MVSU beats Southern 57-45
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Shannon Behling recorded a double-double, scoring 14 points and grabbing 12 rebounds, to lead Mississippi Valley State over Southern University 57-45 on Monday night.
Kevin Burwell added 13 points for the Delta Devils (4-14, 3-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won back to back games for the first time this season.
Both teams combined to shoot lower than 35 percent from the floor, 15 percent from 3-point range and 70 percent from the free throw line.
Julius Cheeks hit a pair of jumpers in the game’s first minute, sparking a 19-2 run to open the game by MVSU. The Delta Devils led the entire way, and held the Jaguars to just 15 points in the first half.
Blake Sanford was the lone player in double figures for the Jaguars (3-15, 1-5), scoring 10 points. Southern has dropped three in a row.
- MVSU beats Southern 57-45
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent