Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Alcorn State 93-59
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Terrance Calvin scored 21 points and Tavaris Washington added 16 as Arkansas-Pine Bluff kept Alcorn State winless with a 93-59 victory Monday night.
Thirteen players scored for the Golden Lions (4-12, 4-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who are off to their best conference start in school history.
Jamakus Holt led the Braves (0-18, 0-5) with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Tony Eackles had 14 points.
Pine Bluff, which scored a season high and has won four of its past five games, went into halftime up 50-34 and extended its lead to as many as 36 points.
Leading 13-9 with 12:36 to play in the first half, the Lions pulled away with a 12-2 run and led by at least nine points the rest of the half.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Alcorn State 93-59
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU