N.J. Tech 62, Houston Baptist 75
HOUSTON (AP)—Mario Flaherty scored 30 points to pace Houston Baptist to its second consecutive Great West Conference victory, a 75-62 decision over NJIT on Saturday night.
Flaherty hit 7 of 11 shots and 16 of 20 free throws, and he hauled down a game-high 11 rebounds to lead the Huskies (3-12, 2-0).
Andrew Gonzalez scored 14 points, and Wendell Preadom added 11 for Houston Baptist.
Chris Flores led the Highlanders (5-13, 0-2) with 20 points. Isaiah Wilkerson added 13 and Jheryl Wilson 10 for NJIT, which fell to 1-11 away from home.
Houston Baptist hit 20 of 46 (43.5 percent), while NJIT converted 19 of 53 (35.8 percent). The Huskies also held a 37-31 rebounding advantage.
The Huskies extended their 30-25 halftime edge to 41-27 with 14:22 left. Wilson’s layup trimmed NJIT’s deficit to 46-42 with 10:36 to go, but Houston Baptist pulled away from there.
- N.J. Tech 62, Houston Baptist 75
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent