Campbell knocks off Stetson 81-55
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Jonathan Rodriguez scored 17 points and had seven rebounds to lead Campbell to an 81-55 victory over Stetson on Saturday.
Rodriguez was 6-for-10 from the floor and is just 15 points from breaking the school’s career scoring mark of 1,947 points, set by Sam Staggers from 1973-77. He became the school’s career rebounding leader on Thursday.
Campbell (11-5, 6-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) is off to its best start since 1993-94 and has not led the Atlantic Sun this late in the season since joining the conference in 1994-95.
The Camels, who have won five of six, opened the game on a 17-4 run and increased their advantage to 30-14 on Preston Dodson’s layup with 7:34 left.
Lorne Merthie scored 16, Dodson added 14 and William Kossangue scored 12. Junard Hartley had 13 assists for Campbell.
Ridge Graham and Tyshawn Patterson scored 14 points each for Stetson (4-12, 2-6).
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent